When do I need dental x-rays?
At Kelley Family Dental Center, we avoid unnecessary services and treatments to keep your dental costs low. However, there are times when we may need to take dental x-rays. Dental X-rays are a diagnostic imaging solution that allows Drs. Jonathan and Gretchen Kelley to evaluate and examine the teeth and bones of the smile. These images can be extremely educational, allowing us to provide a definitive diagnosis of certain dental conditions or prepare for the placement of dental implants.
Why might I need dental X-rays completed during my visit to Kelley Family Dental Center?
- Some of the reasons our team may recommend them include situations such as the following:
- If you have experienced changes in your oral health, dental X-rays may help us identify the cause.
- When evaluating a tooth for possible treatment with an overdenture or dental implant, we may need to take an x-ray of the area to determine if adequate bone support exists.
- If we are planning orthodontic treatment, such as braces, we may need to take dental X-rays to help us plan the most effective treatment.
- In some cases, an X-ray can help us diagnose a condition that is not visible during a regular physical exam.
- We may need to take periodic dental X-rays in order to monitor changes in your oral health between regular checkups.
- If you have any questions or worries about the need for dental X-rays, please speak to our team. We will be more than happy to discuss your specific situation and provide answers that put your mind at ease.
Schedule an appointment to talk to Drs. Jonathan and Gretchen Kelley, about your dental needs!
At Kelley Family Dental Center, we strive to make sure you always feel comfortable with any treatments or tests we recommend. Call us today to schedule a consultation visit and find out if dental X-rays can help in the diagnosis or monitoring of certain dental conditions. The office is located at 4801 Montano Road NW, A3, in Albuquerque, NM, and can be reached by phone at 505-898-4504.